The “SkySpark Essentials” training program provides students with the essential information to start to use and implement SkySpark. It is an in-person, three-day session presented in a classroom setting.
The Moxy Hotel
1333 South Rural Road
Tempe, AZ 85281
Training begins at 9AM and ends at 5PM each day. Lunch and snacks are provided.
$1,400 per student for all 3 days (recommended for engineers and programmers, or any SkySpark users)
$1,000 per student for days 1 & 2 (recommended for managers, salespeople, or those working with SkySpark but not interested in Axon Programming)
Discounted room rate is available until October 1st: Link will be sent upon registration.
The training program consists of 5 Modules, each of which builds on the knowledge acquired in the previous Module.
The Modules include:
- M1*: SkySpark Overview – Working with the SkySpark User-Oriented Apps (Day 1)
- M2: Building a Project with SkySpark Builder Tools (Day 1)
- M3: On boarding data – Setting up Connectors and Importing data files (Day 2)
- M4: Creating Custom Visualizations with ViewBuilder (Day 2)
- M5: Introduction to Axon Programming (Day 3)
A brief description of each module is provided in SkyFoundry’s SkySpark Essentials 3 Overview.
*Completion of Module 1 provides an understanding of the capabilities, features and use of SkySpark. This session is strongly recommended for technical salespeople, and is required for students that will participate in additional training modules 2, 3, 4 and 5. It provides the essential understanding of the features and capabilities of SkySpark Apps needed to take advantage of the additional training sessions. It is also the core material typical end users need to know to use SkySpark.
Requirements and Recommended Preparation
SkySpark Essentials makes extensive use of the SkySpark Demo database, which is available with all copies of SkySpark. It includes a real-world example of a 4-building portfolio with:
- A range of HVAC equipment and energy meters
- Multiple years of sensor data that continues to automatically generate over time
- A selection of Rules that automatically generate sparks and produce views in the various Apps
Students Will Need
- A laptop computer with Admin access rights
- SkySpark software installed with enough capacity to run the Demo project (130 Points)
A Note About the Instructor
Jay Herron is a widely respected member of the SkySpark programming community. Over the past four years, he has been an integral part of the BuildingFit team, coding countless sparks, creating custom fantom apps and unique integrations and flexing his math muscles on novel analyses.
BuildingFit is the analytics division of ETC Group.